Most gardeners aren’t really thinking much about gardening this time of year.
Which means I usually take a break from SmilingGardener.com and I get a chance to work on other projects.
So since early September, I’ve been planning this new website.
I thought it would take about 1 month for me to figure out exactly what I wanted to put together here, do some research and planning, build the site, start writing, and then share it with you guys.
But it’s been 3 months and I’m still not ready.
I’m not ready because I’m scared to start. I’m scared because… well, I think I’ll save that for tomorrow. The bottom line is it can be scary to make a big commitment…
Why I’m Starting Today Anyway
I’d like to let you know why you’re reading this right now even though I’m not ready for you to be reading this right now.
(And in a minute, I’m going to give you a chance to tackle something you haven’t been ready to tackle just yet.)
The reason I decided to start today is because it was becoming clear to me that I could easily spend a few more months in ‘planning mode’ without actually putting anything out there.
Because I have a lot of dreams for how I could help people here, and I wanted to be really clear with how I was going to go about it.
(Ask my sister, I have a whole whack of spreadsheets full of plans and thoughts about this site. I’m the king of spreadsheets. If you were to ask me what I eat for breakfast, I would probably send you a spreadsheet, because I have that info in a spreadsheet.)
Mostly I haven’t started yet because it’s often a lot easier to PLAN than to DO…
Which Brings Me Back To You
What have you been putting off?
- Improving your eating habits or losing weight or otherwise getting in shape.
- Decreasing the stress in your life or becoming more confident or just being happier.
- Falling in love or making new friends or mending a broken relationship.
- Pursuing your dreams instead of what you’re currently doing with your life.
Or maybe for you there’s something else you’ve been putting off?
Those are just examples of some topics I’ll be exploring on this site – with the help of people who have some answers, ‘cause I’m not an expert in most of them…
Here’s What To Do Next
Three important steps to take when you’re trying to achieve a goal are to:
- Break it down into smaller steps, and
- Publicly commit to it, and
- Tell someone who will hold you accountable
Today, I’m giving you an opportunity to do all three. In the comments down below:
- Tell me about something you’ve been putting off doing, or some goal you’ve been thinking of tackling. You can just share a sentence or give some more detail if you like.
- Tell me when you want to start and/or finish (whichever makes sense for your goal).
- Enter your email in the email field (nobody else can see that but me) and I will personally get in touch to help you achieve your goal.
And that’s what I’m doing here today for myself, too. I was getting overwhelmed with trying to plan out the whole future of this website, so I broke it down into smaller steps and I’m just starting at the beginning.
So my own goal every morning is to hop out of bed, head outside for a walk around the block, snap a photo of something interesting, come back home, and do my best to create something to inspire you to take the next step to boost your health and well-being.
I’ll do this all before checking my email (because another goal of mine is to stop spending so much time on email) AND eating breakfast (so I’ll be really motivated to finish).
So what’s your goal?
P.S. If you know someone who might like to get in on this goal-achieving awesomeness, feel free to share it with them via one of the buttons here: